Join the 2022 EGS Congress to get a full update on all matters regarding glaucoma management, from epidemiology and basic science to diagnosis and medical and surgical therapy!
We will be delighted to have with us a large panel of internationally renowned speakers who are recognized experts in the field, the largest group of invited faculty compared to previous EGS meetings.
Each new EGS Congress builds on past successes: newly-established standards, a varied and stimulating scientific programme and a wide range of instructional courses pitched at different levels to meet varying needs in our audience are the main features of our meetings.
During the pandemic EGS intensively worked on building new EGS projects of strategic importance in the field of glaucoma, namely the Real World Data Project the Surgery project, the EGS glaucoma fellowship project and the project targeting outcomes. Concepts, developments, and innovative approaches raised from these projects have fed into the program.
We are particularly pleased to announce, for the first time in the program, the EGS surgery day adding one full day to the usual length of the biennial meeting. This additional surgery day will address the current and modern state of the art in surgical management of glaucoma including the many challenges of new innovative surgeries.
Click on the icons below to download the Preliminary Scientific Programme of the Congress, the Program at a Glance and the Abstract Book.
Program at a glance
The Scientific Committee invites you to participate actively in this congress which will be an extraordinary occasion for the exchange of thoughts and experiences. We look forward to receiving abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the programme as oral or poster presentations.
14 February 2022 Abstract submission deadline
29 March 2022 Notification of acceptance or rejection for abstracts
Registration for the Congress is mandatory for presenting authors.
The presenting author of an abstract must be registered by 11 April 2022
Experiments and data must be completed at the time of the abstract submission.
The following subdivision of abstract is MANDATORY: Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions. Abstracts lacking a description of study methodology and a quantitative description of data will not be accepted. Abstracts without a topic category indicated will not be reviewed.
The Scientific Programme Committee aims for ‘to the point’ informative abstracts.
Extensive presentations overloaded with details should be avoided.
Multiple submissions of the same topic on different abstracts will be rejected.
The abstract must be written in English.
- Abstracts should be unpublished work at the time of presentation. Scientific material submitted to the 2022 ARVO meeting are exempted from this rule; however, this fact must be clearly indicated in the abstract.
- Abstracts submission is possible on-line through the website only. Abstracts submitted by email, fax or post will not be accepted.
- The on-line abstract submission is available through 14 February 2022, 11:00pm local time (CET) on the congress website.
- Abstract length is limited to 350 words (tables and graphics included, references excluded).
- A maximum of five references may be used.
- The submitting author creates a personal account with email address and password and can submit, edit or delete abstracts until the submission deadline. At no time the Organizing Secretariat Staff can make any changes to abstracts.
- An individual may be first author (i.e. presenting author) of only one abstract.
The presenting author’s name must be the first name on the author’s list. It is permitted to be a co-author of an unlimited number of abstracts. Presenting authors (first authors) are expected to attend the congress and present their poster. Subject to covid-regulations at the time of the congress, a limited number of abstracts may be accepted for virtual presentation. Authors who are unable to attend and give the presentation as scheduled, must notify the Organizing Secretariat OIC and withdraw their abstract at abstractEGS@oic.it .
- All accepted abstracts will be assigned to poster and some of them will be selected for Rapid Fire presentation at the discretion of the EGS Scientific Committee. Once programmed, abstract presentation times and locations cannot be changed.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject abstracts.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. The reviewing process is strictly confidential and all reviewers have agreed to the following: “I understand the confidential nature of the abstracts, and I will not discuss their contents with any individual, nor will I make copies of abstracts for my own or others’ use. In addition, I will not review any abstracts where conflict of interest may be perceived, i.e., work on which I have authored or co-authored or work completed in laboratories where I work.“
When selecting an abstract Category, please choose carefully. The abstract Category you select will determine which Scientific Section your abstract will be destined.
01 Diagnosis – Glaucoma all types
02 Diagnosis – Primary open-angle glaucoma
03 Diagnosis – Angle closure glaucoma
04 Diagnosis – Congenital / Pediatric glaucoma
05 Diagnosis – Secondary glaucomas
06 Genetics – Glaucoma all types
07 Genetics – Primary open-angle glaucoma
08 Genetics – Angle closure glaucoma
09 Follow up – Glaucoma all types
10 Follow up – Primary open-angle glaucoma
11 Follow up – Angle closure glaucoma
12 Follow up – Congenital/Pediatric glaucoma
13 Follow up – Secondary glaucomas
Treatment – Medical
14 Treatment – Glaucoma all types
15 Treatment – Primary open-angle glaucoma
16 Treatment – Angle closure glaucoma
17 Treatment – Congenital / Pediatric glaucoma
18 Treatment – Secondary glaucomas
19 Treatment – Neuroprotection
Treatment – Surgery/Laser
20 Treatment – Glaucoma all types
21 Treatment – Primary open-angle glaucoma
22 Treatment – Angle closure glaucoma
23 Treatment – Congenital / Pediatric glaucoma
24 Treatment – Secondary glaucomas
Epidemiology, health economics, visual disability, QoL
25 Epidemiology, health economics, visual disability, QoL – Glaucoma all types
26 Epidemiology, health economics, visual disability, QoL – Primary open-angle glaucoma
27 Epidemiology, health economics, visual disability, QoL – Angle closure glaucoma
28 Epidemiology, health economics, visual disability, QoL – Congenital / Pediatric glaucoma
29 Epidemiology, health economics, visual disability, QoL – Secondary glaucomas
30 Pathogenesis – Glaucoma all types
31 Pathogenesis – Primary open-angle glaucoma
32 Pathogenesis – Angle closure glaucoma
33 Pathogenesis – Congenital /Pediatric glaucoma
34 Pathogenesis – Secondary glaucomas
35 COVID-related clinical experience
The official language of the congress is English.
For more information please contact the Help Desk:
OIC srl – Viale G. Matteotti, 7 – 50121 Florence – Italy
Phone: +39 055 5035337 – Fax: +39 055 5001912